Effective date: June 2, 2018
Doctor Micro (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Doctor Micro website (the “Website”), accessible from https://doctormicro.net.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that informtion. We use your information to provide and improve our Website. By using our Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
We may also collect information how our Website is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information is information collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
The Usage Information we collect may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device). Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device (web browser or mobile device browser).
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on our Website.
Use of the Information We Collect
Doctor Micro uses the collected information for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To notify you about changes to our Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Information
Your information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Information
Doctor Micro may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Doctor Micro
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate providing you with our Website (“Website Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use analytics providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use advertising providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Website.
Opt-out of the use of Google’s DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings webpage: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
Information for our European Economic Area (EEA) users
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Doctor Micro may process your Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing of your information is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- We need to comply with the law
Retention of Data
Doctor Micro will also retain Usage Information for internal analysis purposes. This type of information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this information is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Doctor Micro aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or services.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.